[CentOS] Setting up Samba as fileserver for existing Windows domain

Wed Feb 4 17:33:54 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Gordon Messmer
<gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is probably covered in many places, but my Google-fu is failing.
>

> Samba's documentation/howto is here:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server
>
> As others have mentioned, authconfig will take care of some of those steps
> for you, but won't set up Samba.

Authconfig will also set up linux account authentication (and possibly
auto-creation on login) to match the samba setup - which you may or
may not want.    I'd recommend doing it on a text box or VM and then
looking through the changes it makes to the pam and smb configs to
understand how it is supposed to work.   If you are doing multiple
machines, the command line version of authconfig is handy to make
everything match once you get the arguments down.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com