[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Thu Feb 5 16:08:47 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Thu, 2015-02-05 at 09:41 -0600, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> > Gee thanks. I'll use it for root on every server ;-)

> I know this is joke. Yet (in a slim chance someone out there can follow it
> with seriousness) I would strongly suggest:
>
> Don't do it. Don't use anything as any sort of password which was ever
> publicized in any shape. Putting it in a search line of any search engine,
> or it passing it over to any (but your own) password strength checker has
> (fair in my estimate!) chance of that to be logged, added into the
> database, etc. I almost which to yell: people use your brain ! ;-)

Yes never ever, not once, let any person or any search engine etc. know
too much about your specific security arrangements. Generalise with
principles but always withhold the precise specifics.

The nasty people out there are trying to steal your data and wreck your
systems. They have no scruples. There is a real cyber war going-on and
your systems are their targets.

> I know, I know, everybody is reasonable, it is just I didn't have my
> coffee yet...

Your logic is amazingly good for a coffee drinker.

--
Regards,

Paul.
Tea drinking Centos fan.