[CentOS] anthem details

Fri Feb 6 15:19:04 UTC 2015
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Fri, 2015-02-06 at 08:40 -0600, mshinn wrote:

> I recommend reading up on kreb's site:
>
> http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/02/china-to-blame-in-anthem-hack/
>
> Not sure the "hack" was an issue with their platforms per se.
>
> "
> “On January 27, 2015, an Anthem associate, a database administrator,
> discovered suspicious activity – a database query running using the
> associate’s logon information. He had not initiated the query and
> immediately stopped the query and alerted Anthem’s Information Security
> department. It was also discovered the logon information for additional
> database administrators had been compromised.”

Flash has always been banned from all my machines, without exception and
regardless of any resulting "hardship". I wonder why so-called Computer
Experts continue to use third-party closed source software which
secretly, and it always has, deposits information on the user's hard
disk.

Another Lesson to learn:

	*NO* Flash
	stronger passwords for SQL
	encrypt all the data that is not required for indexed searches.

There is a war going-on out there and we are the targets !

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      Je suis Charlie.