[CentOS] lost at 'repository' entry installing centos7

Fri Feb 6 22:27:17 UTC 2015
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 02/06/2015 09:56 AM, Ted Miller wrote:
<<>>

> I hope you can download the DVD and enjoy Centos 7.  "Get Centos 7
> Now" to "DVD ISO" to the list, and pick any link off of the list.
> The DVD will be quite self-explanatory.  The only caveat is to make
> sure you go into the link for your network card and configure it.
> Otherwise Centos will start up with the network card turned off.

expecting possible problems, i pulled network, live, and dvd iso
file at same time. all passed sha256sum check.

when i 'dd' dvd iso to a usb stick, it ran ok, but when trying to
define partition to install to, i keep getting message that drive
was not defined again, even after having wiped sda before running
c7 install, so i exited install. maybe i should not have pre sliced
drive.

my thinking shifted from a straight install of c7 to using a fresh
and updated c6 install and run "yum upgrade CentOS-7.0-1406".

next i installed c6.4 to sda as sda1= /boot, sda3= swap, sda3= /,
sda5= /home.

not clearly thinking, when setting time zone, i unchecked hardware
clock as utc. which i realized after installing c6.4 and after
running "yum update".

there seems to be something about yum and hw clock and utc, because
yum changed hw clock to utc, which i noted when i closed terminal
i had run yum in. i have had this happen before.

so an 'in between' question, how do i go about changing /etc/localtime
so that i can reboot, change bios clock to utc and have desktop show
correct utc-6 time with bios set to utc time?

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.