[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Mon Feb 9 21:42:27 UTC 2015

On Mon, February 9, 2015 3:14 pm, PatrickD Garvey wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 11:12 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>
wrote:
>> On 2/9/2015 11:06 AM, Always Learning wrote:
>>> The third item was a 16.1 MB PDF of 1,344 pages. A quick scan of the
PDF
>>> shows every page appears to be readable.  11 pages devoted to BASH.
Information on other interesting topics too.
>> on a site hosted in Russia which appears to be FULL of copyright
violations.
>> --
>> john r pierce                                      37N 122W
>> somewhere on the middle of the left coast
>
> Good observation.
>
> Do you know of an ethically available reference on the System
> Administration topic?

There is misunderstanding here. My original reference _IS_ ethically
available. The paper born copy of the book can be bought, say, on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Linux-System-Administration-Handbook-Edition/dp/0131480057

What was bashed in successive posts was pirate copy of the same book
hosted somewhere in Russia. Whereas it is strongly advisable to stay away
from pirate copy, this fact should not reflect of real book itself. Buying
real book is by no means unethical.

Still, there are many knowledgeable people on the list, they may give
different recommendation, which will create some pool of choices. I asked
John and Jonathan, I'd like to ask also Les Mikesell and Mr. SilverTip257:
what would you, gentlemen, recommend? Anybody? (I know there are many
experts on the list - larger number than my poor brain can hold ;-)

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago