[CentOS] Packages installation in CentOs

Tue Feb 10 06:28:05 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 2/9/2015 10:04 PM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku wrote:
> 1. rhpl
redhat python libraries have been integrated into other things.
> 2. mod_perl
     mod_perl is available in epel
> 3. notification-daemon
    no idea what this is.
> 4. vixie-cron
cron is installed by default.
> 5. kudzu
obsoleted.
> 6. redhat-lsb
redhat-lsb should be installed by default
> 7. mod_pyton
seems to be a dead end

> 8. webalizer
didn't find it, but I bet this is easy to install from source.

> 9. pam_ccreds
obsoleted
> 10. libnotify
in the base repository.
> 11. irda_utils
wow, I haven't seen anyone use irda in years.   irda-utils is in the
epel repo (note its - not _ )
> 12. readahead
not sure what that is, but it appears to have gone away.
> 13. Mkinitrd
mkinitrd is in the dracut base package
> 14. Alchemist
not sure what these are, but they appear to have gone away.

> 15. Cadevar

cadaver, and its in epel.

> 16. sustem-config-network-tui
> 17. firstboot-tui

both those 'text-user-interfaces' are completely obsoleted.