[CentOS] Gnome-3 - can't drag menu items out

Tue Feb 10 10:18:05 UTC 2015
Ron Yorston <rmy at tigress.co.uk>

Les Mikesell wrote:
>I've mostly been using MATE from epel when I use GUI access on CentOS7
>because it works with x2go, but just noticed on a system with Gnome3
>that I can't drag items out of the menus to the desktop or top bar for
>easier access.  Is there some way to make the desktop space useful for
>more than pretty wallpaper?

I'm not at my usual machines so I don't have access to CentOS 7 or
GNOME 3 at the moment.  And even if did I tend not to bother with
stuff on the desktop so I couldn't help with that anyway.

However, if it's menu items in the top bar you want I do have an app
for that, or rather a GNOME Shell extension.  Visit

   https://extensions.gnome.org

and search for 'Frippery Panel Favorites'.  You might need to 'yum
install gnome-shell-browser-plugin' first to allow extensions to be
installed from the website.

Frippery Panel Favorites displays icons in the top bar for applications
that have been configured as favourites in the overview screen.
It works in standard GNOME Shell and in classic mode.  I find it
much less distracting than having to switch to the overview to access
frequently-used applications.

Ron