[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Wed Feb 11 04:04:52 UTC 2015
Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net> wrote:

> Before an unnecessary riot starts perhaps I should mention I've borrowed
> 'The Book' from a public library :-)

FYI my comments are restricted the PDF floating around of the
recommended UNIX and Linux System Admin book. That's definitely not
legit.

What libraries offer is not only legal, it's important to keep this
intact. Publishers have variably been very unreasonable abrogating the
first-sale doctrine when it comes to ebook versions. It's a case where
I believe in no shade of gray. If I'm led to believe I've bought an
ebook, not merely renting it, then I should have the right to give
that ebook to a library, school, friend, leave it in an estate to
children. And quite a number of publishers deny this doctrine applies
to ebooks. Not good.

--
Chris Murphy