[CentOS] Thread moderation and list etiquette (Reference - Another Fedora Decision)

Thu Feb 12 19:29:10 UTC 2015
Andrew Holway <andrew.holway at gmail.com>

On 12 February 2015 at 19:08, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Brian Mathis
> <brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com> wrote:
> > CentOS is unquestionably one of the most used Linux distros
> > in the world, and yet the mailing list is relatively quiet.  To me this
> is
> > a symptom of a problem, and I feel that it's partially a result of the
> same
> > regular people,
>
> I think it is generally a good thing when the bulk of the conversation
> here is ranting about mostly irrelevant opinions.   That is, instead
> of 'Why doesn't this work"', or 'How do I fix this problem" that you
> would have if there were something fundamentally wrong with the disto.

Indeed!

I think this kind of thing is an artefact of a vibrant and involved
community. I generally find the people on this list to be well informed and
passionate. The internet was made for flaming and trolling! Whilst it nice
for someone to step in, break up the fight when it gets a bit too hot it
would be a shame to clamp down on it too hard.