[CentOS] Centos 7.0 and mismatched swap file

Mon Feb 16 13:47:36 UTC 2015
Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer at ngtech.co.il>

On 16/02/2015 10:04, Chris Murphy wrote:
> This is a recent benchmarking using Postmark which supposedly
> simulates mail servers. XFS stacks up a bit better than ext4.
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-3.19-ssd-fs&num=3
>
> A neat trick for big busy mail servers that comes up on linux-raid@
> and the XFS list from time to time, is using md linear/concat to put
> together the physical drives into a single logical block device, and
> then format it XFS. XFS will create multiple AG's across all of those
> devices, and do parallel writes across all of them. It's often quite a
> bit better performing than raid0 specifically because of the many
> thousands of small files in many directories workload.

Hey Chris,

I am unsure I understand what you wrote.
"XFS will create multiple AG's across all of those
  devices,"
Are you comparing md linear/concat to md raid0? and that the upper level
XFS will run on top them?

(Just to make sure I understood what you have written.)

Eliezer