[CentOS] OT: Extracting Subject Lines from IMAP Mailbox

Mon Feb 16 19:52:56 UTC 2015
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015, Nux! wrote:
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/imaputils/files/ ?
>
>I guess you'll at least need to download and parse the email headers.

I do this sort of thing with Python and its 'imaplib'

Something like this will return a list of all unseen messages in
the security folder where Subject contains 'Sec-Blocked'.

import imaplib
conn = imaplib.IMAP4('example.com')
c, d = conn.login('username', 'password')
c, n = conn.select('INBOX.security')
c, s = conn.uid('search', None, '(UNSEEN HEADER SUBJECT Sec-Blocked)')
msgnumbers = s[0].split()
unseenUIDs = set(msgnumbers) # using set for later manipulations
for uid in sorted(unseenUIDs)
	# do something for each uid

# done