[CentOS] network automatically connecting on boot after new service installation

Tue Feb 17 05:33:39 UTC 2015
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

hi Frank. thank you for replying.

On 02/16/2015 09:38 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 20:56:48 -0600 g wrote:
>
>> now, every time i reboot, internet connection is automatically
>> connecting on boot.
>
>> what do i have to do to change this?
>
> If you use Network Manager, just right-click on the little doodad in
> your panel bar and un-check "Enable networking".  When you want to
> re-connect, right-click on the little doodad and check "Enable
> networking".

well, i guess i have 'Network Manager' if it is the network icon, aka,
"doodad", in the system tray. but it does not give config menu in
center of screen as i used to see.

your reply got my 'chemo brain' to thinking again about what is
presented for right-click.

with right-click, a settings menu pops up with;

  [ ] Enable Networking
  [ ] Enable Wireless
  [ ] Enable Notifications
  (i) Connection Information  {grayed out}
  [ ] Edit Connections
  (i) About

Enable Networking and Enable Wireless must be checked to enable either
when icon is left-clicked and network _will_auto_connect_ after reboot.

if both are unchecked, left-click activates a grayed notice of
'Networking disabled' and network _will_not_auto_connect_ after reboot.

> This will work regardless of whether your computer is hooked up with
> a wireless or wired ethernet connection.

if only it would with out auto connect on reboot.

thanks again for reply. open to more suggestions.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.