[CentOS] CentOS 7: software RAID 5 array with 4 disks and no spares?

Wed Feb 18 09:12:37 UTC 2015
Michael Volz <michael.volz at aha-informatik.ch>

Hi Niki,

in fact all of the sdX3 partitions are of size 76.4G. Maybe they were created by the installer as part of a partition scheme and you forget to resize them when removing other partitions from the scheme? Anyway, it should be fine if you recreate the partitions with the right size and then recreate the array.

Michael

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
Von: "Niki Kovacs" <info at microlinux.fr>
An: centos at centos.org
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2015 10:01:49
Betreff: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 7: software RAID 5 array with 4 disks and no spares?

Le 18/02/2015 09:59, Niki Kovacs a écrit :
> └─sdd3      8:51   0  76,4G  0 part
>    └─md127   9:127  0   229G  0 raid5 /
>
> Any idea what's going on ?

Ooops, just saw it. /dev/sdd3 apparently has the wrong size.

As to why this is so, it's a mystery.

I'll investigate further into this. (Since this is the office's gateway,
I'll take some time to respond eventually. No server = no Internet :oD)

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info at microlinux.fr