[CentOS] Master - Slave Split DNS

Wed Feb 18 12:42:53 UTC 2015
Tris Hoar <trishoar at bgfl.org>

On 18/02/2015 07:17, aditya hilman wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've already configured split DNS for internal-view and external-view. Also
> already configured the master - slave dns.
> But i've problem with external-view zone transfer.
> Based on the logs, the master notify to slave using the public ip, which is
> not accessible by master to transfering the zone over public ip.
> Is it possible to transfer zone over local ip for external-view ?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Adit,

If you are not already using TSIG's in your views I suggest you look at
this guide
http://blog.hudecof.net/posts/2014/02/07/bind9-with-views-and-tsig-axfr.html
It shows how to use TSIG's to identify the views so you can slave both
of them to the secondary.

also you want to add to the options section on the master
also-notify { slaves-IP; };
This make it tell the slave to update its zone.

Tris

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation