[CentOS] How to write RPM spec

Wed Feb 18 14:08:52 UTC 2015
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 05:36:48 +1300
> Jegadeesh Kumar wrote:
>
>> I setup the RPM build server and read some doc to write the spec
>> files. but i did get it clearly. So can you guys please help me
>> to write a new RPM spec.

If you have set up an RPM build server then you should have installed
the rpmbuild and rpmdevtools packages.  If you have installed the
latter then you can use vi (vim/gvim) to automatically create an empty
spec template file simply by opening any new file name ending in
'.spec'.  It will look like this:

Name:
Version:
Release:	1%{?dist}
Group:
License:
BuildRoot:	%(mktemp -ud %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-XXXXXX)

BuildRequires:
Requires:

%description

%prep
%setup -q

%build
%configure
make %{?_smp_mflags}

%install
rm -rf %{buildroot}
make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}

%clean
rm -rf %{buildroot}

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%doc

%changelog
* Fri Apr 05 2013 James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>
- Rebuild for CentOS-6.4
- This description is an example and is not automatically
- generated for you.

Note that the formats for the date and identity in changelog entries
are very specific and include the leading '*'.  You cannot use any
other format (to my knowledge) than that given above as an example.
Each descriptive line thereafter must be prefaced by'- '.

See:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/Packagers_Guide/sect-Packagers_Guide-Creating_a_Basic_Spec_File.html

Canada  L8E 3C3