[CentOS] debuginfo versioning tools?

Wed Feb 18 16:00:39 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 8:29 AM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, February 17, 2015 15:20, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Are there any tools to help assemble libraries and debuginfo to
>> examine core dumps that happened on another host where the versions
>> don't match?  Something like mock but build-version specific and with
>> the debuginfo packages pulled in?
>>

> I am not sure that I understand your question so if this answer is
> totally irrelevant then please forgive me.

I don't think I could actually use mock for this.  It might come close
if I rebuilt all of the libraries and debuginfo packages at the
versions that existed on the host that produced the core dump and ran
gdb in the chroot environment.   But, I don't believe such a rebuild
would be an exact binary match for the builds in the CentOS build
environment and getting all the src rpms at the right versions would
be just as hard as assembling all of the binary rpms and debuginfo
from the vault versions.   I was just hoping that there was some
similar high-level framework to do the tedious work of assembling
everything you need in the right places.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com