[CentOS] CentOS 7: software RAID 5 array with 4 disks and no spares?

Thu Feb 19 07:06:40 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 2/18/2015 9:39 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> You might be a candidate for LVM integrated raid. It uses the md
> kernel code on the backend, but it's all LVM tools to create, manage
> and monitor. The raid level is defined per LV, instead of all LV's in
> a VG inheriting the underlying raid. It supports all levels of raid
> including 5/6. ... ...
> ... ... btrfs ...

actually, I prefer zfs.   I was just saying how I do it on CentOS, where
zfs is not really an option.

# zpool create zbig mirror hd10 hd11 mirror hd12 hd13 mirror hd14 hd15
mirror hd16 hd17 mirror hd18 hd19 spare hd20 hd21
# zfs create -o mountpoint=/mystuff zbig/mystuff

done.

.... but, is that lvm integrated raid stuff available in RHEL/CentOS 6
or 7 yet ?