[CentOS] CentOS 7: software RAID 5 array with 4 disks and no spares?

Thu Feb 19 14:15:44 UTC 2015
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Thu, February 19, 2015 02:25, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Le 19/02/2015 05:43, Chris Murphy a écrit :
>> My personal view on installers is extremely biased toward the user
>> staying out of trouble, they shouldn't have to read documentation
>> for
>> a GUI installer.
>
> A *user* never has to even see - or use - an installer. A USER has to
> USE a computer,  by which I mean the applications he or she needs to
> get some work done.

Outside of the corporate world, and very often at the low-end of that
itself, the user is the ADMIN.  One can purchase computer systems with
the OS and applications pre-installed of course.  But, at some point,
in every sufficiently complex and long-lived environment somebody has
to do maintenance. Which on occasion does include installing operating
systems.

And even ADMINs can use some help from time-to-time.  Let us be frank,
the Linux/GNU hoge-poge of syntax makes the English language look
positively simple in comparison. And that is not a good thing.

Canada  L8E 3C3