[CentOS] how to stop yum when networkmanager has broken resolv.conf?

Fri Feb 20 23:00:51 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

So, I'm getting an error where the network service and NetworkManager
apparently don't agree on how to bring up vlans on bonded nics.
Things come up if you 'ifup ..' manually.  I thought I'd check if
there were any updates, forgetting to fix what NetworkManger had done
to /etc/resolv.conf and:

http://centos.arvixe.com/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 12] Timeout on
http://centos.arvixe.com/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: (28,
'Resolving timed out after 30381 milliseconds')
Trying other mirror.
^C^C^C
^C^C^C

 Current download cancelled, interrupt (ctrl-c) again within two seconds
to exit.

Yeah - I did hit it about 6 times there.   What do you have to do to
make it actually stop in some reasonable amount of time?

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com