[CentOS] how to stop yum when networkmanager has broken resolv.conf?

Fri Feb 20 23:36:29 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 04:13:13PM -0700, Chris Stone wrote:
>> try CTRL-Z to put that running process in your shell to sleep, then:
>>
>> bg 1
>
> You're missing a % there
>
>> killall -TERM yum
>
> Or just "control-Z" and then 'kill -9 %1'
>
> You don't need to background the job and then kill every process matching
> a name.

I probably would have just ssh'd in from a different window, except
that ssh logins take forever with DNS broken.   Thanks - and I think I
found the source of the network issue.   I had a typo in the
NM_CONTROLLED=no line in the ifcfg-bond0 file and  NetworkManger was
failing with:
Error: no device found for connection 'System bond0' when it shouldn't
even have been involved.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com