[CentOS] Easy way to strip down CentOS?

Wed Feb 25 19:04:22 UTC 2015
Niki Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 25/02/2015 19:36, John R Pierce a écrit :
> I install from the 'minimum' ISO, and get that off the bat, then just
> install the packages I need with yum

I do the same, but my question is: how to do that the other way around?
Let's say you start from the base system, then install a couple dozen
command-line utilities from cowsay to whois, then you install the "X
Window System" group, a couple dozen fonts, then the WindowMaker window
manager, then a handful of X applications... how do you manage from
there to get back to exactly the base system you had from the start? I
know this may sound a little academic, but it's for a little private
experiment here.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr