[CentOS] Looking for a life-save LVM Guru

Sat Feb 28 01:01:51 UTC 2015
Khemara Lyn <lin.kh at wicam.com.kh>

Hello James and All,

For your information, here's the listing looks like:

[root at localhost ~]# pvs
  PV         VG         Fmt  Attr PSize PFree
  /dev/sda1  vg_hosting lvm2 a--  1.82t    0
  /dev/sdb2  vg_hosting lvm2 a--  1.82t    0
  /dev/sdc1  vg_hosting lvm2 a--  1.82t    0
  /dev/sdd1  vg_hosting lvm2 a--  1.82t    0
[root at localhost ~]# lvs
  LV      VG         Attr       LSize  Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move Log
Cpy%Sync Convert
  lv_home vg_hosting -wi-s-----  7.22t
  lv_root vg_hosting -wi-a----- 50.00g
  lv_swap vg_hosting -wi-a----- 11.80g
[root at localhost ~]# vgs
  VG         #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  vg_hosting   4   3   0 wz--n- 7.28t    0
[root at localhost ~]#

The problem is, when I do:

[root at localhost ~]# vgchange -a y
  device-mapper: resume ioctl on  failed: Invalid argument
  Unable to resume vg_hosting-lv_home (253:4)
  3 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg_hosting" now active

Only lv_root and lv_swap are activated; but lv_home is not, with the error
above (on the vgchange command).

How to activate the lv_home even with the 3 PVs left?
The PV /dev/sdb2 is the one lost. I created it from a new blank hard disk
and restore the VG using:

# pvcreate --restorefile ... --uuid ... /dev/sdb2
# vgcfgrestore --file ... vg_hosting

Regards,
Khem