[CentOS] Looking for a life-save LVM Guru

Sat Feb 28 03:24:57 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 2/27/2015 4:52 PM, Khemara Lyn wrote:
> I understand; I tried it in the hope that, I could activate the LV again
> with a new PV replacing the damaged one. But still I could not activate
> it.
>
> What is the right way to recover the remaining PVs left?

take a filing cabinet packed full of 10s of 1000s of files of 100s of
pages each,   with the index cards interleaved in the files, and remove
1/4th of the pages in the folders, including some of the indexes... and
toss everything else on the floor...    this is what you have.   3 out
of 4 pages, semi-randomly with no idea whats what.

a LV built from PV's that are just simple drives is something like
RAID0, which isn't RAID at all, as there's no redundancy, its AID-0.