[CentOS] Design changes are done in Fedora

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Sat Jan 3 20:23:30 UTC 2015

On 01/02/2015 07:49 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2015, at 2:15 PM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, December 31, 2014 12:03, Warren Young wrote:
>>> So, cope with change.
>> Is one to infer from your mantra 'cope with change' that one is not supposed
>> to express any opinion whatsoever, ever, on any forum
> No, it’s a reaction to those who apparently want nothing to change ever again.  A lot of people are constitutionally unwilling to cope with the removal of their cheese:
>
>      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese%3F
>
> Well, tough.  Either you’re part of the solution or you’re part of the precipitate.
>
> Or something like that.
Well Linus doesn't agree with this in the Kernel - Here is a recent entry from linux-wireless

"The people who are trying to deprecate the WEXT interfaces should put
the blame firmly where it belongs - on the people who thought that
"we'll just ignore all old history".

Because people who think that "we'll just redesign everything" are
actually f*cking morons. Really.

There's a real reason the kernel has the "no regression" policy. And
that reason is that I'm not a moron.

History matter. Legacy uses matter.

                           Linus"