[CentOS] Radeon graphics problems with CentOS 6.6

Darby Vicker darby.vicker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 05:24:14 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Darby Vicker <darby.vicker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, December 20, 2014, Darby Vicker <darby.vicker at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought about trying centos 7.  But in the end that doesn't really
>> help me since I'm trying to keep my current centos 6 installation
>> working.  I don't really have the time/energy to reinstall everyting
>> under CentOS 7 right now.
>>
>> I was able to get a 6.6 LiveCD built myself.  The liveCD has the same
>> problem - X doesn't work.  I can boot the "Basic Video" option from the
>> LiveCD and I can at least get to the desktop but there are several odd
>> video problems when I do that.  But I think that means that there is a
>> genuine problem with Xorg on my hardware.  Does anyone know who I should
>> submit this bug to - AMD or Xorg?
>>
>> Any other ideas for workarounds in the mean time?
>>

> The xorg ati developer doesn't think it's a driver problem.
>
>  http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-ati/2014-December/026948.html
>
> Any other ideas for tracking this down?

After a little more conversation with the ati developer, he thinks its
a problem with the kernel.

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-ati/2015-January/026986.html

He is suggesting I get in touch with the people who maintain the
CentOS kernel.  What is the best way to do this?  Submit a bug on
https://bugs.centos.org?