[CentOS] dovecot move doesn't work

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jan 7 06:06:47 UTC 2015

Am 06.01.2015 um 23:55 schrieb Chuck Campbell:
> I'm running centos 6.6 with the default 2.0.9-xxx dovecot.
>
> I run sa-learn against my spam_to_learn folder, then I wan to move those emails
> to a learned_spam folder.
> when I do a doveadm -Dv move -u user learned_spam mailbox 'spam_to_learn' ALL
>
> I get this result:

[ ... ]

> this doesn't even list a move command, yet the dovecot pages show it and give
> examples.

The dovecot version provided by CentOS 6 simply does not have that
feature implemented. The wiki.dovecot.org documentation reflects the
current stable upstream status of things.

> any suggestions?

You may use the dovecot22 package provided by the ghettoforge plus
repository, providing dovecot release 2.2.15.

> thanks,
> -chuck

Alexander