[CentOS] When will CentOS Publish Errata?

Somers-Harris, David | David | OPS david.somers-harris at mail.rakuten.com
Thu Jan 8 01:01:55 UTC 2015

On 01/07/2015 3:04 AM, Liam O'Toole wrote:
>> Maybe you missed the big announcement:
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2014-January/020100.html

Thanks for this Liam!
It gave me a lot of context I was missing.

On 01/07/2015 4:25 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> Nope. We're still air-gapped from the RHEL business units. We have lines of communication to other RH community projects, but nothing that would line up with this thread.

Maybe I'm being a bit of an optimist - I don't know much about Red Hat Inc.'s culture - but can't somebody just pop into the Red Hat Legal department and ask some clarifying questions?
Maybe they're more willing to help improve CentOS than we think ... would it hurt to ask?

On 01/07/2015 12:25 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> What we need is a way to get that info from another place.
> Maybe the oval data, if it has all the required information and if the Terms of Service allow for that.
> Someone in the Community needs to research that and see if it is usable or if there is some other source for the information that can then be modified to create the updateinfo.xml file.

How do we know if the ToU allow for it? Is there a way to check?
Whatever we do we have to look at the metadata provided via RHN or Red Hat website in order to make judgments about what the purpose of the change is.
What does the CentOS Project currently do for Release Notes?