[CentOS] Camera doesn't works after "yum upgrade"

Patrick Begou

Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Fri Jan 9 15:31:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've launched  a "yum upgrade" command on a CentOS6 laptop which has updated
nearly 600 packages. Automatic updates were not working because of a conflict on
a package.

So the laptop is now uptodate but the camera did not works after this. The
message is:

kernel: uvcvideo: Failed to query (GET_DEF) UVC control 6 on unit 2: -110 (exp. 2).

The camera is detected as USB, lsusb shows:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0c45:646b Microdia

I've tryed to boot on alternative kernels but no change:
- vmlinuz-2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.centos.plus.x86_64 (which solve a camera problem on
my laptop)
- vmlinuz-2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64
- vmlinuz-3.10.63-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64

Any idea about a faulty package ?
I've added the upgrade log in attachment but it's quite big. The first four
erased item were because of conflicts. Some are re-installed after the upgrade
(end of the log file)

Thanks

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:Patrick.Begou at grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |