[CentOS] Camera doesn't works after "yum upgrade"

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Fri Jan 9 17:08:50 UTC 2015

It was a previous problem on my personal laptop.
The current problem is for the laptop of a student and changing the kernel
doesn't solve it.

I'm sorry to be confused with tghis information.

Patrick

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 7:31 AM, Patrick Begou
> <Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've launched  a "yum upgrade" command on a CentOS6 laptop which has updated
>> nearly 600 packages. Automatic updates were not working because of a
>> conflict on a package.
>>
>> So the laptop is now uptodate but the camera did not works after this. The
>> message is:
>>
>> kernel: uvcvideo: Failed to query (GET_DEF) UVC control 6 on unit 2: -110
>> (exp. 2).
>>
>> The camera is detected as USB, lsusb shows:
>> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0c45:646b Microdia
>>
>> I've tryed to boot on alternative kernels but no change:
>> - vmlinuz-2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.centos.plus.x86_64 (which solve a camera
>> problem on my laptop)
> I am a bit confused. Was the camera problem solved with the centosplus
> kernel? Or are you referring to yet another camera problem? If the
> former, this is a known issue:
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7815
>
> Akemi

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:Patrick.Begou at grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |