[CentOS] C-6, Gnome question

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 03:02:18 UTC 2015

On 01/09/2015 06:07 PM, Bill Maltby (C4B) wrote:
>  I'm still trying to find the
> thing I used back in C5(?) that raised the panels when the mouse hovered
> over it for X seconds. With C6 I can't find it anymore and it switches
> way too fast.

I presume you're talking about panels with "Autohide" set. If you have
the GUI gconf-editor installed, it's under apps/panel/global/panel_show_delay.
You can also set it from the command line:

     gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/global/panel_show_delay 500

(The default is 300, unit is milliseconds).

                 Do NOT delete it.