[CentOS] Thunderbird randomly segfaults at startup

Jason S. Evans jsevans at youvegotthe.info
Sun Jan 11 07:16:53 UTC 2015

  I haven't seen this, but I'm curious if it has something to do with
your configuration.  What I would suggest trying is working from a clean
config.

           mv ~/.thunderbird ~/.thunderbird.backup

Try it like that.  If it starts correctly, then it is your config and
you'll probably have to recreate your config to make it work.  If it
doesn't, then rename .thunderbird.config back to .thunderbird.  No harm
done.

You can also install the latest version of thunderbird from Mozilla.org
and install it in /opt or /usr/local or where ever you are comfortable.

- Jason