[CentOS] 2460x1440 video card recommendation

Frank Cox

theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Mon Jan 12 16:57:21 UTC 2015

Can someone recommend a video card that's capable of driving a monitor at 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 and just works with Centos 7 without requiring any outside video drivers?

I would prefer to stay with the built-in video drivers that are included with Centos 7 if possible; I don't play games and such, so I'm not looking for high performance 3D -- I just want a high resolution desktop.

I'm currently looking at a BenQ GW2765HT which is 2560x1440, though I might end up with something else in the end.