[CentOS] Design changes are done in Fedora

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 01:01:43 UTC 2015

On 01/13/2015 04:03 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> Being in the real world rather than in the hectic and unstable 'change
> every 6 months Fedora environment', just what are the RHEL/Centos 8
> options at this moment? Real users of RHEL/SL/Centos want
>
> 1. stability
> 2. reliability
> 3. security revisions
> 4. bug fixes

For the love of Pete!  If you use RHEL or CentOS, you'll have a stable,
reliable operating system with bug and security fixes for upward of 10
years!  For free (in the case of CentOS)!

Will you give it a rest already?

If you can't tolerate moderate changes at a 10 year interval, then there
probably isn't any option for you.

> Ideally, before RH decides to impose an abstract version of Fedora upon
> the world, RH could ask for comments and give everyone sufficient time
> to respond.

So you want them to do what?  5 years of development and then get your
approval on hundreds or thousands of those efforts, and then once they
have your approval, another few years of development and testing to make
sure that whatever you approve actually works?

Oh, and you don't want to pay for it, either.

I don't know what world you live in, but economies don't work that way.
  They never did.  Free Software is a participation economy.  Your
feeling of entitlement to dictate how Fedora, Red Hat, and CentOS
function, without contributing any of your own time or money, is
shockingly disconnected from reality.

Please stop arguing about this.  It is annoying.