[CentOS] Orwell's 1984 from Freedesktop,org?

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jan 23 21:32:19 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-23, Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
>> I do prefer 3ware web RAID admin
>> interface anything else (it more transparently prevents me from making
>> fatal blunders - probably just me).
>
> No, not just you.  tw_cli is needlessly confusing in its command structure.

Just you wait till you get to the MegaRAID command line!  It makes
tw_cli seem like echo in comparison.

I found the 3ware web interface too clunky for my purposes, so I forced
myself to learn tw_cli.  Once I used it regularly I found it to be
mostly usable.  I've yet to do this with megacli or storcli, and those
are so much more complicated than tw_cli, so I haven't learned them very
well yet.

But (getting back a little to the original topic) getting to the 3ware
web interface should not require root privileges on the client, since
it's just the browser connecting to the 3ware http(s) listener.  The OP
seemed to be ranting about a prompt for an administrative password from
the desktop environment.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us