[CentOS] VLAN issue

Boris Epstein borepstein at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:13:06 UTC 2015

And additionally here are the detailed port configs on the switch end:

hq>show interface Gi1/0/3 switchport
Name: Gi1/0/3
Switchport: Enabled
Administrative Mode: trunk
Operational Mode: trunk
Administrative Trunking Encapsulation: dot1q
Operational Trunking Encapsulation: dot1q
Negotiation of Trunking: On
Access Mode VLAN: 48 (VLAN0048)
Trunking Native Mode VLAN: 48 (VLAN0048)
Administrative Native VLAN tagging: enabled
Voice VLAN: none
Administrative private-vlan host-association: none
Administrative private-vlan mapping: none
Administrative private-vlan trunk native VLAN: none
Administrative private-vlan trunk Native VLAN tagging: enabled
Administrative private-vlan trunk encapsulation: dot1q
Administrative private-vlan trunk normal VLANs: none
Administrative private-vlan trunk associations: none
Administrative private-vlan trunk mappings: none
Operational private-vlan: none
Trunking VLANs Enabled: ALL
Pruning VLANs Enabled: 2-1001
Capture Mode Disabled
Capture VLANs Allowed: ALL

Protected: false
Unknown unicast blocked: disabled
Unknown multicast blocked: disabled
Appliance trust: none
hq>show interface Gi1/0/3 trunk

Port        Mode             Encapsulation  Status        Native vlan
Gi1/0/3     on               802.1q         trunking      48

Port        Vlans allowed on trunk
Gi1/0/3     1-4094

Port        Vlans allowed and active in management domain
Gi1/0/3     1-3,7,48-50

Port        Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
Gi1/0/3     1-3,7,48-50
hq>

Boris.