[CentOS] CentOSn7 & graphite-web RPM

Philip Keogh pkeogh at compusoftcs.com
Wed Jan 28 07:08:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:23 PM, Markus "Shorty" Uckelmann
<shorty at koeln.de> wrote:
> Am 28.01.2015 um 07:07 schrieb Philip Keogh:
>> You can also likely use this Fedora tree:
>> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/graphite-web.git/tree/
>
> That's the one I already found. But I wasn't sure in which state this
> was. So you mean this is "stable"? Is this the one which will some day
> show up in EPEL? What is the process for this?
>
> Sorry for the many questions. But I just started to dive deeper into
> CentOS- and RPM-land and there's a lot to learn.
>
> Cheers, Shorty

For EPEL's process, see their web site (which also contains a
procedure for getting package updates created and finding the
maintainer of a package that you are interested in):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies

In the case of graphite-web, that data is here:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/graphite-web/

The package has been approved for inclusion in EPEL 7 but was not yet
built/released and is not in testing. (as per guidelines minimum of 2
weeks in testing prior to release)

The only person who can give you their plans for a specific package is
the point of contact package administrator, jsteffan in this case.
Typically these things go faster if someone takes the initiative in
testing an updated .spec and package, sending the SRPM to the
maintainer instead of a request for them to drop what they are doing
to start a project for your needs.

If you are prioritizing "stability" CentOS 7 seems like a dubious
choice to begin with though.