[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 23:27:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:15:05 -0800
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 03:39:47PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> >>
> >> Centos 7 does that as well.
> > Heh, I guess I've used good passwords in my installs then.
>
> I have to tap it twice all the time. But don't tell this to
> anyone! ;-)

OP's point is that probably in RHEL8 you won't be able to do even
that anymore. While I personally think this is a good idea, this has
some potential to maybe cause trouble or inconvenience down the line,
with regards to automated installs, broken kickstart scripts, various
company policies regarding the root password, etc. I guess there are
sensitive scenarios out there.

So if any CentOS user think they can be hurt by this change, they
should do something about it now, rather than bitch about compatibility
breakage when RHEL8 comes out in a couple of years. :-)

HTH, :-)
Marko