[CentOS] Another Fedora decision

johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be johan.vermeulen7 at telenet.be
Sat Jan 31 10:19:08 UTC 2015

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: "PatrickD Garvey" <patrickdgarveyt at gmail.com>
Verzonden: Zaterdag 31 januari 2015 02:21:28
Onderwerp: Re: [CentOS] Another Fedora decision

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> There is some complaining going on on the Fedora testing list,
> not sure where else one can protest.

The thread starts here:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2015-January/124827.html

tp://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Hello All,

isn't there the option in Centos7 to create user without password?
Is this also for reasons of kickstart or such as well?

I had an unpleasant conversation with my brother-in-law at Christmas dinner last year.
I am a sysadmin who "encourages" his users to have good password behavior.
He is a Java developer who is encouraged by his sysadmin, and he doesn't like it.

His point in short: passwords are not all that important any more.
All virus spreading and hacking these days is done by sending malicous mails and by visiting malicious sites.

Greetings, Johan