[CentOS] Intel Displayport on Centos 7

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 31 18:34:32 UTC 2015

On Sat, January 31, 2015 12:22 pm, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:21:07 -0500
> Lamar Owen wrote:
>
>> I like the full-size DisplayPort connector the best of any video
>> connector I've dealt with,
>
> Thanks!
>
> I'm waiting to see if my current monitor actually dies.  It's an Asus
> 1920x1200 monitor that I like rather a lot, but it occasionally acts a bit
> flaky when coming back out of sleep mode.  (The screen fills with a white
> brick-like pattern, but when I turn the monitor off and back on again it
> works perfectly once again.  It has gone weeks between episodes of this,
> and it's done it two or three times a day -- very inconsistent.)
>
> If this monitor actually does die, I'm thinking that I'll replace it with
> a 2560x1440 monitor, but the built-in Intel video controller on my
> motherboard apparently supports that resolution only on the Displayport
> connector; the DVI port maxes out at 1920x1200.

There also exists "dual link" DVI port: DVI-D. Also: reading wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

I see that single link DVI supports up to WQUXGA (3,840 × 2,400) @ 17 Hz
(164 MHz) whereas dual link DVI supports up to WQUXGA (3,840 × 2,400) @ 33
Hz with GTF blanking (2 × 159 MHz)

Valeri

> I guess I can purchase the higher resolution monitor without fear if I
> need it, and I sincerely appreciate your recommendation for a video card
> too!
>
> --
> MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com

Valeri Galtsev