[CentOS] Radeon graphics problems with CentOS 6.6

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Jan 6 17:24:50 UTC 2015

On 01/05/2015 11:26 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 1/5/2015 9:24 PM, Darby Vicker wrote:
>> He is suggesting I get in touch with the people who maintain the
>> CentOS kernel.
>
> that would be Red Hat, unless you're talking about the CentOS Plus
> kernel....

This is correct .. we rebuild the RHEL 6.6 kernel source code as is, if
this is a kernel problem, we don't change it.

But .. IF the kernel does NEED a change, then the CentOSPlus kernel
would be the place where we have the ability to add patches and change
something.  We don't change the base OS kernel except to remove branding.

AKemi Yagi is our CentOS Plus maintainer, and bug/patch requests can be
entered here:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4586

But, we do not provide technical support .. we have a community forum
and bugs system to allow the community to discuss and solve problems.
We will try/roll in patches (into CentOS Plus kernel) to try and fix
problems if a solution is proposed by the community.  However, we don't
do the research or development.

What I am trying to convey is that CentOS rebuilds upstream source code
and provides resources for the community to solve their own problems.
CentOS does not provide SLA level support.  That is what RHEL is for.

We will be glad to help the community find the problem, and feed back
the fix upstream to Red Hat so they can fix it in RHEL and then we can
roll it into our main OS kernel.  And we will provide a temporary fix in
the CentOS Plus kernel.