[CentOS] Help with IPv6 /48 block

Mike Mohr

akihana at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 22:42:03 UTC 2015

I'm not sure how you plan to manage your /48, but this is how I've seen it
done in the past:

1) You are given a single IPv6 address (a /128) for your Internet-facing
router.  You are expected to add this address to your untrusted interface.
You are also given the address of a router at your ISP which is your IPv6
default route.

2) You are also given a block of addresses.  In my case this case a /64,
although it should work for any size prefix.  You are expected to hand
these addresses out on your trusted interface via either DHCPv6 or SLAAC
(depending on your preference).  Assign one of the addresses in the block
to your router's LAN interface and supply this as the default route for
your LAN hosts.

Good luck.