[CentOS] Kickstarting several *different* setups

Grant Street

grants at al.com.au
Wed Jan 21 01:26:25 UTC 2015

don't forget you can define PXE config files based on the IP, IP range
or MAC address of the server. This means that you don't have to select
the correct pxeboot option from a PXE menu it will select the most
precise config file automatically.

see the following
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX#Configuration

also you can pass additional arguments on the pxeboot line so that you
can read from your pre and post scripts using /proc/cmdline.

https://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2010/presentations/summit/decoding-the-code/wed/cshabazi-530-more/MORE-Kickstart-Tips-and-Tricks.pdf

Grant