[CentOS] SELinux permissions for apache

Tim Dunphy

bluethundr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:18:12 UTC 2015

> The easiest answer is to edit the Selinux config file. By default it is
> set to enforce, which really locks it down.
> cd /etc/selinux
> edit the config file and change SELUNIX=enforcing to SELUNIX=permissive
> Save the file and restart httpd, you should be fine..

Yeah dude, exactly. Except I actually do want to start using it. I've been
disabling SELINUX forever because I wasn't familiar with using it. I've
decided to change my tune on that this year and get more familiar with hit.
I've always recognized it to be a good thing. Even if I didn't really have
a clue about it.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Tim

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:47 PM, John Plemons <john at mavin.com> wrote:

> The easiest answer is to edit the Selinux config file. By default it is
> set to enforce, which really locks it down.
>
> cd /etc/selinux
>
> edit the config file and change SELUNIX=enforcing to SELUNIX=permissive
>
> Save the file and restart httpd, you should be fine..
>
> john plemons
>

> On 1/22/2015 1:36 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
>
>> Hey Jeremy,
>>

>>  Have you tried changing the folder where it's writing into with these
>>> lables?   httpd_sys_content_rw_t or httpd_user_content_rw_t
>>>

>> Adding 'rw' to the command did the trick. I tried  httpd_sys_content_rw_t
>> and
>> that works fine! Thanks for the tip!
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Jeremy Hoel <jthoel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Have you tried changing the folder where it's writing into with these
>>> lables?   httpd_sys_content_rw_t or httpd_user_content_rw_t
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hey all,

>>> The