[CentOS] "Monitor" RPMs in Repo

Jonathan Billings

billings at negate.org
Wed Jan 28 17:08:42 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 07:16:34AM +0100, Markus "Shorty" Uckelmann wrote:
> - Know when a RPM which is currently in only one repository pops up in a
> different repository. E.g. RPM going from epel-testing to epel.
>
> - Get notified when a RPM pops up in a repository. E.g. waiting for an
> RPM to appear.

I use 'mrepo' [1] to sync EPEL (and other repos) to a local mirror so
systems not publicly routed can get packages.  It generates an email
of repo changes every time it runs, so I know what is added and
removed.

I also subscribe to the epel-package-announce list [2] so I can see
all the EPEL updates even before they hit the mirrors.

1. http://dag.wiee.rs/home-made/mrepo/