[CentOS] Intel NUC? Any experience

Thu Jan 8 19:32:17 UTC 2015
david <david at daku.org>

Folks

The price point of Intel's NUC unit makes it attractive to use as a
server that doesn't have significant computational load.  In my
environment, a USB connected hard-drive could provide all the storage
needed.  I wonder if anyone has had experience with it, and can answer:

1)  Does Centos6 and/or Centos7 install from a USB connected optical
drive? or a USB flash drive?  I'd prefer to do a NetInstall.

If the answer is essentially no, there's no point in continuing.

2) Is the Ethernet connection supported by NetInstall and the subsequent OS?

3) Is it possible to add an additional NIC for possible use as a home
router/gateway?  If not internally, then via a USB connected NIC?

Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

David
San Francisco