[CentOS] CentOS 6.6 64-bit won't install on a 3 TB disk

Mon Jan 12 16:13:56 UTC 2015
Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu>

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue getting a C6.6 install to work on a 3 TB dual hard
drive system, raid 0. I'm hoping that someone here can help.

So, I install as normal, but then reboot, and it comes to a grub prompt.
Going into the system via Linux rescue, I see that most of the files
dealing with the kernel haven't been installed.

I asked the maker of the server and he said that they have noticed this
happen recently. A solution is to put the kernel files on a thumb drive,
and then point the OS to look for them there.

I have yet to try it, but is there a better way to deal with this issue
that anyone else has done?

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********