[CentOS] favorite cheap VPS services

Fri Jan 16 01:24:56 UTC 2015
Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com>

Hey all,

 I'm trying to learn how to use some of the big data stores. Specifically I
want to learn how to use CassandraDB and Hadoop. Originally I'd had the
idea of trying to setup a cassandra ring on the Amazon AWS free tier.
However it seems that neither will run on a t2.micro instance.

So I was wondering.. what are some really cheap VPS services that you like
to use for one off projects like this and why. I'm looking for dirt cheap
as possible.

I'd love to hear any opinions on this !!

Thanks
Tim

--
GPG me!!