[CentOS] Kickstarting several *different* setups

Tue Jan 20 16:29:53 UTC 2015
Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com>

I'm currently using kickstart for installing new servers and have run into
the following scenario: all the machines will have the same basic setup of
packages, however they will each be configured for a specific task. For
example, some will be mail-serving machines and won't need things like a
web or mySQL server installed. Others will be web servers and do need those
packages.

So my question is, is there some way do determine via kickstart, what to
install on that machine based on some criteria, possibly the IP that's
being assigned to it, or MAC address, or something ...

Right now I have one single kickstart setup that all the machines are going
to use, then I manually install the additional packages one by one, on each
machine. It would be helpful if I can somehow tell kickstart to do that.

Suggestions?