[CentOS] "Monitor" RPMs in Repo

Wed Jan 28 06:16:34 UTC 2015
Markus "Shorty" Uckelmann <shorty at koeln.de>

Hi all,

Sorry for the bad subject. I'd like to do two things.

- Know when a RPM which is currently in only one repository pops up in a
different repository. E.g. RPM going from epel-testing to epel.

- Get notified when a RPM pops up in a repository. E.g. waiting for an
RPM to appear.

I know that this is quite easy to find out manually. But did anyone
build a script or something else to do this "automagically"? In my
company we have a mix of self-build packages, epel-testing & rpmforge
packages and some other obscure things. With something like I described
above we would be sure when we could throw away the makeshift packages
and transition to more or less stable packages from Base, Extra or EPEL.

Cheers, Shorty