[CentOS] Intel Displayport on Centos 7

Wed Jan 28 20:30:55 UTC 2015
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

Since my current monitor appears to be slowly dying, I'm looking for a
replacement.  I generally use hardware replacement as an excuse to get
something bigger/better/faster than what I had before, so I'm currently
considering something like a BenQ GW2765HT.

The manual for my Intel motherboard has this to say about DisplayPort on
the built-in graphics controller:

QUOTE:
DisplayPort’s maximum supported display resolution is 2560 x 1600 at a
60 Hz refresh rate with a 16:10 aspect ratio (WQXGA).
END OF QUOTE

It also states that the maximum supported resolution on the built-in
DVI-I port is 1920x1200, which is the resolution of the monitor that I
have right now; the one that appears to be dying. Therefore, this new
monitor wouldn't work at full resolution with that output.

Having never used DisplayPort before, I'm wondering if this means that
if I purchase the BenQ monitor above, or something similar, I can then
reasonably expect to plug it in and have it just-work with my Centos 7
setup.